Monday, 9 May 2016

A Move in the Right Direction

I moved house last week. As with all such moves, it was both exhausting and stressful. However, I'm now 75% unpacked and finally beginning to relax.

I have a garden, and I can't wait to get planting. From my writing desk I have a beautiful view of the garden and apple trees, and I wake up every day to the sound of birdsong. There's even a fox that likes to sunbathe on open land nearby. My idea of heaven!



 My new writing area, albeit a work-in-progress.


Now excuse me while I shut down the Internet and get writing!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful backyard! A great view for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to put my house up for sale and move and I can't wait to be where you are, ie, settling in! Great new writing nook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful, Ellie. Moving is stressful, I'm glad you're settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie - how blissful - looks amazing ... and the clematis (I think I see) must add to your terrace area ... what a great find - cheers and enjoy your new home ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're all moved in and can enjoy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds lovely. I'm not sure I could write with a window right in front of me. I'd probably just stare outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very good, to have beauty right there while you're writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks a lovely place. I understand the exhaustion, moving house is among the top three most stressful experiences you can undergo. Second only to bereavement or a separation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome! Enjoy your new space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setting. I wonder what kind of stories this will inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Your garden and outdoor space looks beautiful. Nature is so healing. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make my day!